Fresh Tomato, Peach, and Blueberry Salad
A visual representation of me hanging on to summer.
This is probably the last of local garden tomatoes, but I will dream of you all fall and winter.
Heirloom tomatoes, juicy peaches, blueberries, fresh mozzarella, garden picked basil all tossed in a light lemon, thyme, and olive oil dressing. Get it while the gettins’ hot!
· 5 plum tomatoes, quartered
· ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
· 2 medium peaches, sliced
· ½ cup blueberries
· 250g fresh mozzarella
· 3 tablespoon fresh basil, chiffonade
· 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
· ½ teaspoon salt
· 1 garlic clove, minced
· 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
· 3 tablespoons olive oil
· Fresh ground pepper
1. Make the dressing - in a small bowl combine thyme, salt, minced garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil.
2. In a large bowl place tomatoes, peaches, blueberries, and basil. Stir.
3. Tear mozzarella into pieces and combine with the fruit and basil.
4. Drizzle dressing over top and top with fresh ground pepper.